Byron Shire Identity Implementation Project Reference Group
- To develop a communication strategy consistent with the Tourism Management Plan.
- Develop a tourism education and communications program to educate visitors about the environment, community values, appropriate visitor behaviour and safety and security.
- Develop an education program to educate the community and local businesses about tourism.
- Coordinate the development of an agreed brand and marketing activities and assist the Shire's destinations to further develop their brands and marketing strategies in cooperation with local businesses and tourism organisations.
- Finalise the Byron Shire Identity style guide.
Timeframe to carry out objectives
12 weeks (22 February to 17 May 2013)
Membership is to include 11 members:
- Three Councillors (selected from the Tourism Advisory Committee)
- Six invited members from the Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC)
- A minimum of two TAC industry members
- A minimum of one community member not associated with the tourism industry from the TAC
- A relevant staff member (staff participating on the working group do not have any voting entitlements)
- Tourism Officer