Volunteer Tourism Project Reference Group
- Establish a volunteer tourism initiative to give effect to community core values and improve the social, economic and environmental outcomes for tourism in the Byron Shire.
- Fully consider objective 8 and all related strategies and actions in the Tourism Management Plan - "Investigate opportunities to enhance, develop and promote appropriate tourism products that will improve the visitor experience and length of stay" .
- Develop four volunteer tourism initiatives, which form part of a pilot project to test the viability of a volunteer tourism program in Byron Shire.
- Prepare a final report for consideration at the Tourism Advisory Committee meeting on 21 June 2012.
Timeframe to carry out objectives
4 months (February to June 2012)
One Councillor from the Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC)
Two invited members from the Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Peter Wotton, TAC industry member
- Jim Beatson, TAC community member
- Tourism Officer
Tourism Officer Tel 02 6626 7000