Asset management review - Community Survey report
Byron Shire Council conducted community consultation in order to identify and inform their long-term management/resourcing strategies for the assets.
Specifically the research quantitatively explored:
- Level of current investment, relative priority and satisfaction of key community assets
- Understanding support for Council’s funding position in regards to key asset areas
- Identifying any community endorsed revenue options for Council to explore in order to address fundig requirements
Micromex Research, together with Byron Shire Council, developed the questionnaire.
This study consisted of a three-stage methodology:
- Stage 1: Initial recruitment of 603 Byron Shire residents via a random phone survey, collection of several ‘pre’ measures
- Stage 2: Mail-out by Council of a brochure explaining the various asset management options
- Stage 3: Recontact telephone interviews with 403 of the initial 603, collection of numerous ‘post’ measures